Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Virginia!

Who would have thought I would be living in Virginia again. Brody has now lived in every state that I have lived in. Funny how life takes us full-circle. Drew came home from Iraq in September. He got a job with Booz Allen Hamilton in October. Drew started working November 1 and the boys and I moved to Virginia on December 5. We bought a home in Leesburg, VA. Leesburg is 40 minutes outside of DC. It is a cute, quaint and historical little town. Drew works primarily in Herndon (13 miles away) but also has an office in Tyson's Corner and DC. We found it very difficult to find a decent priced home in a good neighborhood with a good school close to the city. We are very happy with Leesburg and the commute hasn't been that bad as of yet.

The boys are settling in nicely. The house came with a slide, 3 swings, a sandbox and a tree house. Doesn't get much better than that! They also have their own playroom, their own bedroom and are able to run circles around the house. Luckily we also have a basement that I can throw all the boxes into that I don't want to unpack just yet.

We are not sure how long we will be here but are determined to make the most out of being back east. We have a list of places we want to visit and hope to make it into DC at least once a month. If not to see something at the very least to see my dad.

The weather has been about 60 degrees. No snow. The water is awful. My hair doesn't do much but hang there. I may need to purchase a water softner sooner rather than later.

Overall, we are well. Drew likes his job and is doing Health IT Strategy. Not a bad field to be in. Brody talks all the time and I learn something new everyday from him. Jake is slowly phasing out of the baby phase and that makes me sad. But he is so stinking cute and wants to get into everything his brother is doing.

I will try and be better about posting.

Love to all.

H

No comments: